2006-12-02

Lambda the Ultimate Gingerbread House

Today was an almost completly computer-less day. Some people think I should have more of those. Personally. I don't know. So much to learn and so much code to write...

I spent the day making gingerbread houses. Sofia spent part of the day working on a presentation so I made the first house-attempt myself. It came out better than expected. I made the design on paper yesterday and this morning I had a clear idea of how things should work out and fit together. That's all theory of course. So here are a few tips if you should ever try out a gingerbread house yourself.



- If you're doing this with someone else make sure they don't have to work!
- Cats can be extremely interested in what you're doing. Make sure they're occupied with something else.
- If you have a thought about how the walls and roof should stick together make sure to remember that thought when you actually assemble the thing.
- Doors and holes for doors grow an equal amount. But in different directions!

- Don't touch the melted sugar! It's hot and it sticks to your skin!
- Even though it may taste and look like wood, gingerbread is nowhere near as strong! Don't overdecorate with (heavy) candy, something might break. [Added 2006-12-03]



When Sofia made her first attempt I made a second house: Lambda the Ultimate Gingerbread House. I managed to put the pieces together much much better (faster and no holes) this time around. It's quite heavy though, can't say how long the walls will support the weight...

Inga kommentarer: