2006-10-09

Got some books today

When I came home from work today, I had a package from Bokus waiting for me. Last week I ordered The Little Schemer and The Art of the Metaobject Protocol. I have heard a lot of good things about both of these books and I've got really high expectations.

Sofia browsed the Little Schemer book and noticed that it seemed... "weird". She's working as a J2EE Architect and she knows her way around Java and J2EE like no one else. But whenever we start talking about things found in many other languages, but not in Java, we normally talk past each other. Most of the time I can't really explain in detail and there's never an easy way of providing a simple example, so lately she's been talking about learning a new (dynamic) language.

I'm thinking Python or Scheme. She's thinking Ruby.

I've always thought that Ruby is a bit overrated, but I must admit that if Sofia's going to spend time looking into it. I'll probably look over her shoulder ;-)

Inga kommentarer: