2006-10-03

Continuing the wxBrowser experiment?

Daniel Nogradi asked (on comp.lang.py) whether or not there was a way to generate (from one source) both a web application and a standalone desktop application.

Since this sounds similar to my wxBrowser experiment I pointed him to it and included all sorts of warnings and disclaimers. It turns out he wants, almost, but not quite what I had done. It raised, at least in my mind, yet again the question of whether or not it would be a good idea to include script tags in XRC. That has been discussed before but noone, at least noone that I've heard of, has stepped up and provided working code. I know that the wxBrowser can ("easily") be adapted to provide the same thing but it doesn't use XRC.

I might have to spend some time on this...

Inga kommentarer: