2006-08-20

Closures in Java 1.7

http://gafter.blogspot.com/2006/08/closures-for-java.html

Java keeps trudging along on the same path as most other modern programming languages, but they're sure taking their time...

BTW, if you want to know how it all ends, read more here ;-)

Update 2006-08-31: This is turning out to be quite entertaining. They've updated the spec to disallow the return statement. Instead the final expression is the result of the closure... where have I read that before? ;-)

All jokes aside, I'm not sure I actually favor adding closures to Java. Mostly because I don't think you can "add" such a fundamental building block as an afterthought and Java has built quite a large and solid foundation without it already. But then again, Bracha and Gafter are smart guys so if they think it's a good idea. I'll take their word for it...

Inga kommentarer: